The United States Parkour Association aims to serve as the national governing body for Parkour, Freerunning, and Art du Deplacement in the United States of America; founded by the community, in service of the community.
We are committed to founding an organization upon good governance principles, open communication, ethical integrity, and inclusive development. We will work to serve our national community equitably, transparently, and in good faith, working in partnership with both individual practitioners and groups every step of the way.
In light of recent events and the overwhelming response of the community, several major organizations across the country have recognized the need to come together. We are building an initial constitutional framework for you, the larger community, to review, comment on, and approve.
The proposed bylaws we have released are now open for public comment. These bylaws will present a structure for the organization, scope of services, and paths to membership and further involvement.
Below we have laid out a roadmap to organizational establishment, including public comment periods, membership enrollment periods, and proposed next steps for complete transparency.
- Public Review - Bylaws released for Public Comment
- Review & Response Period - Public Comment Period Ends, Transition Board makes amendments to the Bylaws
- Launch of Membership Platform - Revisions Published and Membership enrollment opens
- Finalize Initial Board - Transition Plan published
- Add Committees - Fill Standing Committee Positions
- Begin SIG Application Process - Special Interest Group enrollment opens
- Open Affiliate Organization Membership - Enrollment for Affiliate businesses, groups, teams, or organizations opens
To stay in the loop as more information is released, please submit your contact information below to our mailing list! Organizations and individuals wishing to support, endorse, and join the early process please contact us directly.
You can direct any questions, comments, or suggestions through our email at email@example.com or our facebook page.
Members of the initial advisory committee for organization include:
For more info on who we are check out our About Us page.
These organizations have signed up to join the discussion:
Want to help?
Fill out our Volunteer Application and help build the future of parkour!